Non Discrimination and Accessibility Notice
Non-Discrimination Policy: It is the policy of USD 203 not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, gender identity/expression, or disability in its programs and activities as required by the Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Inquiries regarding compliance with employment laws may be directed to Human Resources at 913.721.2088 - 3130 North 122nd Street Kansas City, Kansas 66109. Inquiries regarding compliance with section 504 may be sent to the Superintendent of Schools / District 504 Administrator, or by phone at 913.721.2088. Interested persons, including those with impaired vision or hearing, can obtain information as to the existence and location of services, activities and facilities that are accessible to and usable by disabled persons by calling the Superintendent of Schools at 913.721.2088. Any act of retaliation against any person who has engaged in a protected activity, as that term is defined by law, is prohibited.
Social Media Policy: All users must understand that the social media sites are not an open forum, but instead moderated online discussion sites and the District reserves the right to remove at any time and without prior notice any and all comments or other material posted on its social media sites that does not confirm to board policy or any applicable law and to deny access to District social media sites to any individual who violates such rules, policy or law. The District reserves the right to remove content or posts containing:
- Comments, pictures or graphics that are violent, obscene, defamatory, abusive, profane, vulgar or sexually explicit;
- Personal attacks upon or derogatory, false or defamatory comments concerning any individual or such individual’s character or appearance;
- Comments or information concerning confidential matters involving individual District students or staff members, or that violate the privacy of any School District student or staff member;
- Content that expresses, promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, physical or mental disability or national origin;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Advertisements or solicitations for private business or commerce;
- Content that is unlawful or in violation of District policy or regulations, or that encourages, promotes or condones such unlawful conduct, activity or violation;
- Threats or other information or comments that, in the sole judgment of the District, compromise the safety or security of students, staff or other individual or any school or other public facility or systems;
- Content that violates copyrights or property interests of any other party;
- Content that includes private or personal information (including addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, etc.) regarding themselves or others;
- Comments or posts in support of, or in opposition to, the nomination, retention or election of any person to public office, or that urge voters to vote in favor of or against any ballot issue or referred measure, including any posts containing links to political campaign or candidate websites; and
- Comments or posts that are excessively long or repetitive, or that concern topics or issues that are inappropriate or not District-related.