Goals and Objectives
- Strengthen and enrich learning through the development of innovative programs.
- Improve curriculum by providing additional funding for increased course offerings.
- Improve teacher support and instruction by offering more teacher training and funding for workshops which align with the district’s overall mission.
- Continue to support and strengthen curriculum by offering teacher mini-grants which Provide a minimum of 10 mini-grants of $500-1000 within the first year.
- Improve teacher support, training and instruction
- Offer more teacher training to the teachers in The Piper School District.
- Provide funding for workshops which align with the district’s overall mission.
- Establish an endowment and maintain a plan for fund generation to ensure that the foundation has long term financial stability.
- Improve accessibility to technology for all students.
- Build alumni relations, support and establish a donor base
- Host an alumni event within the first two years of establishing the foundation.
- Inspire parents and community members to participate with the school system to enrich education
- Build community partnerships to develop a “Learn by Doing” program. Develop relationships with local businesses so students are familiar with area businesses and available jobs.
- Host school tours with local business leaders so the school district establishes a relationship with its patrons and they, in turn, become more familiar with our schools, the community and our district needs.
- Establish an annual scholarship
- Establish criteria for scholarship and award $1000 offer to a graduating senior of 2015 seniors and award in May of 2016.
- Build community support and positive attention for the Piper School District.
The Piper Educational Foundation provides a wide array of programs to meet the diverse needs of the students of the Piper school district.
- Funding for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math)
The Piper School District strives to provide the best educational experience possible, with a goal of being a national role model to other districts. The Piper Educational Foundation supports and encourages innovation in learning. By providing financial resources to programs that are cutting-edge, innovative and original, it will foster passion and excitement for learning.
- Supply room for “Immediate” needs
Teachers are continually choosing to pay for school supplies with their own money to supplement and enhance the learning environment within their classrooms. Statistics show that on average, a teacher contributes more than $1,000 annually. A supply room filled with pencils, highlighters, printer paper, construction paper and other office supplies.
Mini-grants encourage the development of unique and creative educational experiences that allow teachers to enrich student achievement, while at the same time alleviating the financial burdens placed on teachers of the Piper School District. Mini-grants of $500.00-$1000.00 will be available for immediate classroom needs, administrative grants or for teacher training.
- Technology Enhancements
In order to prepare the students of the Piper School District to compete in a global, technology-dependent economy, the Piper School District must maintain state-of-the-art technology software and hardware. Financial assistance from the foundation will allow the district to continually assess and upgrade technology as needed to improve the educational experience for Piper students.
- Professional Development
The Piper Educational Foundation supports and encourages innovation in teaching and learning. By providing financial resources to professional development that is cutting-edge, innovative and original, fosters passion for teaching and excitement for learning.
- Discretionary Grants
Discretionary grants encourage the development of unique and creative educational experiences that allow teachers to enrich student achievement, while at the same time alleviating the financial burdens placed on the school district. Discretionary grants of $1000-$5,000 will be available to staff or the district. These grants will also provide funds for needed for an Emergency expenditure.
- Academic Scholarships
Higher education in Kansas has become unaffordable and inaccessible for many Kansas families. Having a college degree is becoming more significant and mandatory. Research shows people who possess a college degree earn at least an additional $800 per month. Establishing an annual $1000.00 academic scholarship gives name recognition and credibility to the Piper Educational Foundation and helps make higher education more affordable for some deserving Piper students.
The Piper Educational Foundation will continually seek endowment funds to strengthen the financial stability of the district as a whole, and create more unrestricted revenue streams. An endowment demonstrates the long-term mission and commitment of the foundation.