Student Username and Password Information
Important information regarding student usernames and passwords, as well as what they will have access to.
Beginning on school year 2015-16, student network usernames were altered as follows:
- First 10 characters of last name followed by the first 10 characters of first name.
- All hyphens will be used.
- All spaces, apostrophes and periods will not be used.
Password rules are as follows:
- Your initial password will still be your Skyward OtherID (or "lunch code").
- Grades 6-12 must change their password before they can access Skyward and their Gmail accounts.
- Grades 6-12 will be required to change their password at first login to a district-owned PC.
Email rules are as follows:
- Grades 6-12 will have a Gmail email address using their new username @ piperschools.us
Note: Some examples can be found below in the example section.
You will be able to log in to the following systems with your new network username and password:
- District-owned computers
- Google for email and drive access (this will be your email address; ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- BYOD Network
If you run in to trouble logging in or accessing your account(s), you may email me at any time.
Director of Technology
no changes made
only first 10 of first name used
space and apostrophe removed, only first 10 of first name used
hyphen retained, only first 10 of last name used
apostrophe removed, hyphen retained, only first 10 of last name used