Online enrollment is now available. Please click here
or on the image above to visit the online enrollment page. There you will find all the information needed to enroll your new or returning student into the Piper School District.
"To provide each student with quality instruction, learnng opportunities, and a safe educational environment which inspires academic success, personal excellence, and responsible citizenship."
Our Core Beliefs.....
every child can learn.
every building will provide a safe, nurturing environment.
every opportunity will be provided to foster, educate and recognize diversity.
every student will be provided the skills to be successful in institutions of higher learning, career and life-long learning.
every opportunity will be made to provide effective, efficient accountability in all areas of fiscal responsibility and educational responsibility.
every opportunity will be made to engage in partnering with community members to maximize learning.
Our Goals Are Based On....
Rigor - Relevance - Responsive Culture - Relationships - Results
Rigor, Relevance, High Expectations - You will notice that each building has defined specific building goals and action plans to meet the goals in conjunction with the Board of Education goals approved in August. The complete focus of our district is to maximize instruction and address the individual needs of our students while raising expectations and rigor. Student learning, instruction, performance will all be positively impacted this school year as we work together to refine what is effective and what needs to be improved.
In the event that we have weather that would require an early dismissal or school cancellation, we will call on the district messaging system using the contact information in your student's file. This website will offer up-to-date information, and we will also notify the following media:
Piper High School Governors Achievement Award 2012 - 2013. Top 5% of all high schools in Kansas: Math, Reading and Graduation.
Congratulations to staff, students, parents!! Piper USD #203 has been named one of the four best school districts in the metro area by the Kansas City Business Journal October 17, 2013!
Major Issues Currently Faced By USD 203:
1. Enrollment - Although projections show continued future enrollment increases, this year was very unique for our district as we only saw a net increase of 31 students compared to last year. The 31 student increase is the lowest in the last 6+ years. It is worth noting that the district saw 135 NEW students to our district this year, but lost 104 students mostly due to relocation out of state for various reasons (employment, other family, etc.). This number is approximately 40-50 more than the norm for our district. With that said, we have gained 11 additional students since September 20.
2. Facilities - Our space within our buildings is becoming extremely limited due to enrollment, special needs areas, additional computer labs, additional classes/courses and technology labs.
3. Funding - Currently our state aid per pupil is the same amount that was received in 2012-2013 and nearly $1,000 LESS than in 2007-08. Kansas education ranks 4th in the nation in reduction of funding over the last year. Federal funds to our district only contribute to $89,000 of our 10+million dollar budget. Operating costs for this year exceed state aid by nearly 40%. With the school finance formula as it is, high performing districts who are have a high assessed valuation tax base and low free and reduced lunch qualifiers (due to family income) are at a huge state/federal funding disadvantage. We happen to be one of those districts.
4. College and Career Readiness Standards (Common Core) - Revamped curriculum to provide for new standards in order to meet requirements beginning in 2014. All assessments are revamped and instruction and needs must be aligned to meet the new requirements.
5. High Performance - Maintaining high performance in all areas despite lack of funding.
6. Staff/Personnel - Retaining quality personnel dedicated to the success of students and our district.
Patron support plays a significant role in the continued success of our district. Teachers, parents, administration, staff and patrons working TOGETHER allow for our district to remain in the forefront of the majority of districts in the metro and in Kansas. Your support, dedication is appreciated.
Calling All Alumni:
If you are a Piper alum and would like to be added to our alumni database, please contact email@example.com and tell us how we can reach you! We will send you our bimonthly newsletter and we will provide you with information regarding upcoming alumni/school events.
We hope that you find our site both informative and easy to navigate. If you have any concerns, please contact Julie Friesen or James Grogan.